Senior Travel Counselor
Job ID #
Senior Travel Counselor
TN - Knoxville
Carlson Wagonlit Travel
Full Time Regular
C - HS Graduate or Equivalent
3 - 5 years
CWTSatoTravel is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Travel Counselor for a client onsite location. Individual will be responsible for the successful completion of travel arrangements within CWT and client guidelines, meeting the standards of excellent customer service.
This is an office-based position and telecommute is not an option.
• Creates domestic reservations for clients to include air, hotel, rail, and ground transportation.
• May create single destination international itineraries to major international destinations.
• Advises clients of international travel requirements such as visas, passports, immunizations, etc.
• Supports one or more accounts.
• Solves typical travel related problems consistently.
• Operates within detailed procedures under minimal supervision.
• Interacts with traveler or travel arranger, and provides 1st level of support for customer service and technical issues.
• Utilizes CWT preferred vendors to maximize profit, and ensures compliance with the clients’ travel policy utilizing available resources, including but not limited to online resources, to ensure compliance with clients’ travel policy.
• Adheres to CWT standards in delivering customer service including telephone/email etiquette, and follows prescribed customer service escalation procedures.
• Follows company procedures, guidelines and standards in building Passenger Name Records, utilization of tools, productivity, accuracy of work, and attendance.
• Attends staff and training meetings for ongoing updates in the travel industry and office procedures.
• Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 3 years travel counselor/industry experience.
• Industry knowledge and reservation skills in order to create domestic and single destination international reservations to include air, hotel, rail, and ground transportation.
• Sabre experience desired.
• Proficiency with ticketing procedures to include processing of refunds.
• Government travel reservation experience a plus.
• Ability to meet and maintain required performance standards.
• Excellent customer service skill required.
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work 7:30am-4:30pm, Monday - Friday
As part of our hiring process, we conduct background checks on potential new hires. Because this work would be with our Federal Government Client, you may be subject to government background investigation including a credit check and criminal history review.
Telecommute position will not be considered.