Senior Travel Counselor
Job ID #
Senior Travel Counselor
TX - Austin
Carlson Wagonlit Travel
Full Time Regular
C - HS Graduate or Equivalent
3 - 5 years
We are looking for an experienced, customer-focused Senior Travel Counselor for a position located in Austin, TX.
This position will be responsible for:
• Creating both domestic and international reservations.
• Understanding international travel requirements, i.e. documentation and immunization requirements.
• Operating with discretion within well-defined policy; regular managerial review.
• Utilizing CWT preferred vendors to maximize profit, and ensure compliance with the client's travel policy.
• Using available sources such as TSS, State Department web sites, news agencies, etc. to stay informed of current international affairs.
• Advising clients of international travel requirements such as visas, passports, immunizations, etc.
• Interacting with traveler, travel arranger, and travel manager.
• Providing 1st level of support for customer service and technical issues.
• Adhering to CWT standards in delivering customer service including telephone etiquette, and following prescribed customer service escalation procedures.
• Following company procedures, guidelines and standards in building Passenger Name Records, utilization of tools, productivity, accuracy of work, and attendance.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Minimum 3 years travel counselor experience.
• Excellent Industry knowledge and reservation skills in order to create domestic and international reservations to include air, hotel, rail, and ground transportation.
• A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Diplomacy and tact when in contact with Executives, Executive Administrators, VIP’s and vendors
• The ability to build strong relationships.
• Excellent communication skills and follow through in order to advise clients of requirements.
• Proficiency in Sabre.
• The ability to effectively use the internet and other available sources such as TSS, State Department web sites, news agencies, etc. to stay informed of current international affairs.
• Strong working knowledge and understanding of international pricing rules and procedures.
• Excellent customer service and technical skills.
Carlson Companies, Inc.
Website : https://www.carlson.com