Senior Software Development (Mobile/Java)','00M97','!*!Sabre is a global technology company that touches nearly every aspect of travel. Our innovative software enables more than a billion people around the world to plan, book and experience their travel at a time and price that is right for them. By delivering the technology behind travel, Sabre is working magic behind the scenes every day to make the world a better place, one journey at a time.
Sabre Red Mobile team has an exciting opportunity for a Mobile/java Developer principal in DFW. Sabre Red Mobile team is responsible for developing the Sabre Red Mobile Workspace (SRMW) application for tablet platform. The SRMW will allow agency users to access some key Sabre functionalities on tablet and it will use latest technology available on tablet platform. Our team works with many teams in Sabre to obtain the data we present to the user. The principal developer will play a lead role in designing and implementing the technical solution to meet the business requirement. Due to the global nature of Sabre teams, we also expect the successful candidate to be able to work across multiple time zones and cultures.
· Under general direction, develops, codes, tests and debugs new complex software solutions or enhancements to existing software in a maintenance capacity.
· Has excellent understanding of business application.
· Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them.
· Works with customer to deliver solution to business problems.
· Uses Qik language for rapid software development.
· Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
· May assist in development of software technical documentation.
· Demonstrates software. Demonstrates broad knowledge of technical solutions.
· Designs and codes complex applications using advanced technology;
· May create optimization programs to resolve problems;
· May design and build prototype applications.Experience using SVN preferred','!*!QUALIFICATIONS:
‘Must have’ skills:
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree (prefer a degree in technical field) or equivalent
Minimum 1 year of experience in front-end development (can be substituted by 1 year of working experience in travel industry) – knowledge of GUI applications.
Minimum 1 year working in a software development team in industry.
Basic technical skill to use programming tools.
Excellent English communication skills, written and verbal
Initiative, ability to work independently.
‘Nice to have’ skills:
Prefer at least 1 year experiences in working with Travel reservation systems (GDS or online).
Experience in consuming Web Services would be a plus.
Qik or Groovy programming knowledge/experience preferred
Experience or knowledge of Agile methodology preferred
HTML knowledge, java knowledge, and/or GUI design or development experiences preferred.
Experience using SVN preferred','Technical Product Development - Software Development','United States','','','','','','Sabre','Full-time','Yes, 10 % of the Time','Senior Software Development (Mobile/Java)
Website : http://www.sabre.com/
We are a global travel technology company serving the world’s largest industry — travel and tourism. We provide software to travel agencies, corporations, travelers, airlines, hotels, car, rail, cruise and tour operator companies through our four businesses.