Senior Mgr, Analytics
JOB ID #: 23246
LOCATION: USA - WA - Bellevue
FUNCTIONAL AREA: Customer\nService and Call Center
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time Regular
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 5-7 Years
Senior Manager, Business\nAnalytics
The online travel market is a $2 trillion\nindustry that never stands still. At Expedia Inc Global Customer\nOperations (GCO), we're smack in the middle of it. As the telesales\nand customer service arm of the world's largest and fastest-growing\ntravel company ($45 billion sales and counting), the GCO group manages\na network of 26 contact centers and over 7,000 agents around the globe\nto assist and enable nearly 100 million travelers from anywhere, to\nanywhere.
Why build your career at GCO? We offer the chance to work\nwith the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic and\ninternational work environment focused on innovation, creative\nproblem-solving and collaboration.
We are looking\nfor an outstanding analytical leader to head up EWW Global Customer\nOperations. This individual will lead a small global team to deliver\ndecision support to leadership and internal customers throughout\nExpedia Worldwide. GCO Analytics focus goes well beyond just pulling\ndata and crunching numbers - it's to tackle complex business\nproblems by converting raw data into meaningful and actionable\nbusiness insights. You will structure the problems, extract and\nanalyze the data and present the findings.
- Lead\na first class global analytics team focused on EWW
- Partner with all\nthe functions within GCO to deliver on complex business problems\nthrough actionable analysis
- Think globally, all of our reporting\nand analysis should be consistent and communicated across all the\nregions (US, EMEA, CA, LATAM and ANZ)
- Prioritize a complex and\nsubstantial work load for your team, ensuring client expectations are\nmanaged and analytical resource is focused on the most valuable\nactivities
- Proactively engage with customers to assess existing and\nupcoming business needs and maintain regular communication to update\ncustomers on progress made on projects
- Manage multiple tasks and\nprojects simultaneously, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive\nin a dynamic environment
- Act as a data subject matter expert to be\nthe first line of communication on questions or\nissues
- An experienced people manager with\ndemonstrated ability of successfully leading a team of analysts
- 5+\nyears of people management experience.
- 8+ years in data\nwarehousing, business intelligence and complex business analysis
-\nDemonstrated experience working through complex business problems and\npartner with internal clients with a consultative approach
- Strong\nanalytical/business modeling skills with ability to convert raw data\ninto actionable business insights
- Expert proficiency in SQL,\nMicrosoft desktop tools (Excel, PPT, and Word) is required
-\nExperience of working in a global and matrixed environment, ability to\nwork with teams remotely
- Understanding of statistical modeling,\nsuch as regression highly desired
- Experience in travel industry and\ncall center operations highly desired
- Excellent verbal, written and\ndata visualization skills a must-have
- Demonstrated ability to learn\nand acquire new technologies as needed
- Experience in analyzing and\nvalidating large volumes of data from different systems
- Superior\nproblem-solving skills, self-motivation and the capacity to work under\npressure and tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience of hands-on\napproach
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION GUIDELINES:
- Bachelor's\ndegree in a business or technology field or related discipline\npreferred.
- Ability to work under pressure, to fixed deadlines and a\nflexible approach to working hours, where required, to meet\ndeadlines.
- Methodical, accurate and with attention to detail.
-\nService oriented and delivery focused. Will go the extra mile to\nachieve results.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the\npower of technology.
Collectively, the **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. brands cover\nvirtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel,\nfrom choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel\nreviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you\narrive. The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. portfolio serves both leisure and business\ntravelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury.\nExpedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to\nnearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car\nrental companies and destination services supply partners. Please\nvisit ****to learn more about our travel\nbrands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will\nprovide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary,\nthe Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each\nnew employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Website : http://www.expediainc.com