The Travel Services Manager is responsible for designing, implementing, and managing the university's $26 million business travel program. This position will be instrumental in establishing and running a travel program that supports the complex travel needs of faculty and staff through policies and procedures that are easy to use, efficient, and compliant.
As part of the program, the manager will establish and oversee our relationships with travel management companies; will design, implement, and maintain travel booking and expense management tools; will design, implement, and manage any travel-related credit card programs; and will help design travel policies and ensure compliance with those policies.
This position requires a high degree of collaboration, consensus building, and communication to ensure the program meets service, cost, and compliance objectives. This position is responsible for negotiating vendor contracts, and for monitoring and managing compliance with program policies and procedures.
Principal duties and responsibilities include:
- Leads the design and implementation of a comprehensive travel program for the university.
The travel program will comprise the following components, among others:
- Service to faculty and staff
- Travel policies and expense guidelines
- Credit card program for travel and expense management
- Travel and expense management system
- Travel management companies and travel booking process
- Partners with policy and communications manager to design, implement, and enforce policies for travel booking and expense management.
- Collects and tracks feedback on traveler satisfaction and travel program compliance; uses data to inform travel program modifications.
- Develops and monitors key performance indicators for the travel program, including customer satisfaction and cost savings.
- Collaborates proactively with faculty, staff, and students to understand travel needs and opportunities.
- Analyzes travel expenditures and faculty/staff needs to determine opportunities for adding or eliminating vendor contracts.
- Collaborates with the purchasing department to negotiate travel-related vendor contacts.
- Monitors performance against vendor contracts to ensure vendor meets pricing and service requirements.
- Designs, implements, and administers travel booking and expense management tools.
- Works closely with faculty and staff to determine system requirements.
- Manages relationships with vendors and service providers.
- Ensures that systems are up-to-date and reflect our travel policies and contract pricing.
- Manages system upgrades, enhancements, and the addition of new features as necessary.
- Communicates frequently with campus regarding travel policy, process, new vendors, negotiated vendor rates, current airline changes, and other pertinent booking and travel information.
- Communicates the vision for Princeton travel services that emphasizes the themes of service to the university community, process enhancements, cost savings, and risk management.
- Maintains Web site content and other information dedicated to business travel and expense management in partnership with the Web and Communications Manager.
- Partners with the training coordinator to develop training programs on travel policies, processes, and tools.
- Develops regular reporting to gain insight into travel expenditures and compliance.
- Partners with quality and compliance analyst to develop and review compliance reports; works with individuals and departments as necessary to resolve issues.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience.
- Deep understanding of the travel industry including policies, processes, tools, and best practices.
- Project management and/or consulting experience with a focus on implementation and execution.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments and respond quickly to changing business needs and priorities.
- Excels at balancing strategic thinking and planning with tactical implementation and execution.
- Excellent at data analysis and business process design.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain influential and collaborative relationships at a variety of levels both within the organization and with campus partners.
- Listens carefully to input from colleagues and stakeholders; uses strong consensus building and facilitation skills to achieve successful project outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to translate business needs into systems requirements, process improvements, and policy changes.
- Evidence of self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and with teams, with high personal standards representative of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.'s commitment to excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Experience at an institution similar to Princeton is strongly preferred.
- Experience implementing or managing travel and expense management systems preferred.
The final candidate will be required to successfully pass a background check.
To apply, go to: ****, and post to requisition #1200720.
Website : http://www.princeton.edu
Princeton University is a vibrant community of scholarship and learning that stands in the nation's service and in the service of all nations. Chartered in 1746, Princeton is the fourth-oldest college in the United States. Princeton is an independent, coeducational, nondenominational institution that provides undergraduate and graduate instruction in the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences and engineering.