Senior Manager, Business Analytics
The online travel market is a $2 trillion industry that never stands still. At Expedia Inc Global Customer Operations (“GCO”), we’re smack in the middle of it. As the telesales and customer service arm of the world’s largest and fastest-growing travel company ($45 billion sales and counting), the GCO group manages a network of 26 contact centers and over 7,000 agents around the globe to assist and enable nearly 100 million travelers from anywhere, to anywhere.
Why build your career at GCO? We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic and international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.
We are looking for an outstanding analytical leader to head up EWW Global Customer Operations. This individual will lead a small global team to deliver decision support to leadership and internal customers throughout Expedia Worldwide. GCO Analytics focus goes well beyond just pulling data and crunching numbers - it's to tackle complex business problems by converting raw data into meaningful and actionable business insights. You will structure the problems, extract and analyze the data and present the findings.
- Lead a first class global analytics team focused on EWW
- Partner with all the functions within GCO to deliver on complex business problems through actionable analysis
- Think globally, all of our reporting and analysis should be consistent and communicated across all the regions (US, EMEA, CA, LATAM and ANZ)
- Prioritize a complex and substantial work load for your team, ensuring client expectations are managed and analytical resource is focused on the most valuable activities
- Proactively engage with customers to assess existing and upcoming business needs and maintain regular communication to update customers on progress made on projects
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Act as a data subject matter expert to be the first line of communication on questions or issues
- An experienced people manager with demonstrated ability of successfully leading a team of analysts
- 5 years of people management experience.
- 8 years in data warehousing, business intelligence and complex business analysis
- Demonstrated experience working through complex business problems and partner with internal clients with a consultative approach
- Strong analytical/business modeling skills with ability to convert raw data into actionable business insights
- Expert proficiency in SQL, Microsoft desktop tools (Excel, PPT, and Word) is required
- Experience of working in a global and matrixed environment, ability to work with teams remotely
- Understanding of statistical modeling, such as regression highly desired
- Experience in travel industry and call center operations highly desired
- Excellent verbal, written and data visualization skills a must-have
- Demonstrated ability to learn and acquire new technologies as needed
- Experience in analyzing and validating large volumes of data from different systems
- Superior problem-solving skills, self-motivation and the capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience of hands-on approach
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technology field or related discipline preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure, to fixed deadlines and a flexible approach to working hours, where required, to meet deadlines.
- Methodical, accurate and with attention to detail.
- Service oriented and delivery focused. Will go the extra mile to achieve results.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit ****to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Website : http://www.expediainc.com