Sr Corporate Travel Consultant
JOB ID #: 22707
LOCATION: USA - NV - Las Vegas
FUNCTIONAL AREA: Customer\nService and Call Center
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time Agent
EDUCATION\nREQUIRED: High School Diploma
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 3-5\nYears
RELOCATION PROVIDED: No
We have built an Egencia International Travel Support\nCenter that will service all agent-assisted International bookings. \nThe individuals chosen for these positions will have prior travel\nagent experience, be self motivated, articulate, with strong\ninterpersonal skills and a proven track record as a team player with\nthe highest level of professionalism
o\nPromote and maintain excellent client relations by managing a prompt\nand accurate response, positive telephone and service techniques
o\nEffectively use all computer systems and tools to ensure consistency\nand adherence to processes and procedures.
o Proactively recommend to\nclients efficient and alternate routes, lowest available fares,\nbooking class, exchange rates and travel products/services
o Research\nand solve any problems related to reservations
o Use proper\ndocumentation for each call or email.
o Provide priority\nwait-listing, preferred seat selection, upgrade management as\nneeded
o Able to assist in all aspects of arranging/booking travel\nincluding, air, rail, hotel, car and alternate ground transportation,\nincluding strong aptitude for booking highly complex multiple leg\ninternational itineraries
oPrepare thorough trip itineraries as\nrequested by individual travelers using preferred vendors, with all\naspects of arranging/booking travel (air, hotel, car, etc.)\nreservations for domestic and international travel needs
o Act as the\nfirst point of contact for the client regarding all travel related\ninquiries; research and resolve any problems
o Perform work duties in\na dedicated team/call center environment
o Effectively manage\nresources and workflow to ensure service guidelines are met and\nmaintained.
Required Skills & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years travel industry\nexperience, international experience preferred
- 3+ years servicing\ncorporate customers with emphasis on booking practices and theory\neither in a travel office or call center; experience with one or more\nGDS systems, ability to read, define and apply fare rules, taxes, hub\nutilization
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate\nwell both verbally and in writing
- Able to assist in all aspects of\narranging/booking travel including, air, rail, hotel, car and\nalternate ground transportation, including strong\naptitude/understanding for booking exchanges and processing of a Phase\nIV
- Verify rates for best fares, corporate and preferred discounts\nand appropriate documentation
- First call resolution
- Strong\ntechnical skills, ability to assist and teach customers about online\nbooking tool
- Able to work well in a structured team environment
-\nCapable of prioritizing, multi-tasking and handle high volume\neffectively
- Effective follow-up skills
- AAbility to work\nautonomously and independently, combined with creative problem solving\nskills
- Demonstrates a highly professional attitude and personal\npresentation in all verbal and written communications.
- Flexibility\nto work any shift
Minimum Education Requirement:
High School Diploma\nis required
ABOUT **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is the world's leading\nonline travel company, empowering business and leisure travelers with\nthe tools and information they need to easily research, plan, book and\nexperience travel. **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. also provides in-destination\nconcierge service and activity desks for travelers. The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.\nportfolio of brands includes: Expedia.com®, hotels.com®, Hotwire®,\nEgencia(tm), TripAdvisor®, Expedia Local Expert(tm), Classic\nVacations® and eLong(tm). **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.'s companies operate more than\n50 global points of sale with sites in North America, South America,\nLatin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Expedia,\nInc. is a component of the S&P 500 index. For more information, visit\****(NASDAQ: EXPE).