This position provides tours to perspective and future students that are considering attending UTI as well as other visitors as directed. This position works with campus and field representatives that may be located out of state and provides an opportunity for those students to visit and tour the facilities. This position provides support to admissions leadership in the area of events and data entry as deemed necessary.
Principle Accountabilities & Deliverables
• Works with Admissions Directors and representatives in Scheduling, coordinating and delivering professional tours of the location for prospective and enrolled students/families.
• Provides feedback to necessary parties regarding tours, high school visitations and other visitors as needed.
• Maintains and relays current knowledge of course offerings and campus activities.
• Maintains accurate records of visitors that have toured.
• Manages inventory levels of marketing and promotional materials for the admission department
• Maintains a professional environment in lobbies and tour rooms.
• Assists Admissions Manager/Supervisor of Admissions Support or Home Office Admissions in paperwork and duties that support the admissions teams
• Assists Admissions Manager/Supervisor of Admissions Support or Marketing in on or off site events as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Education / Experience
• High School diploma/GED and/or college degree preferred
• 2-3 years of customer service experience
• Sales experience preferred
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written
• Knowledge of personal computer software applications including Word, Excel and Access
• Ability to maintain professional Image and work environment
• Ability to organize, plan, prioritize and follow through on work to ensure deadlines are met.
• Confidence in public speaking
• Bi-lingual preferred (English/Spanish)
• Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 5 pounds 5% or less of the workday
• Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
• Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn and reason for all of the workday
• Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
• Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
• Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment.
Universal Technical Institute
Website : http://www.uticorp.com