Senior Corporate Travel Consultant
Where willyourcareer take you?
We're not just any travel management company.
We help clients travel smart and achievemore.
Senior Corporate Travel Consultant
APOLLO GDS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Fulfills Corporate Travel Customers' travel related requests in airline ticketing arrangements, hotel accommodations and car rentals to result in maximized profitability for the client and BCD Travel. Provides customer service through the communication of travel related information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Books reservations for air travel, hotel and car rentals, following up when necessary to complete the reservation.
- Responds to requests for price quotations utilizing automated system(s) for domestic and international itineraries.
- Conforms to client travel standards and policies.
- Promotes the acceptance of fares, rates, and suppliers that match the client's travel program policies and negotiated contracts. Applies discount programs appropriately.
- Moves market share for BCD Travel preferred suppliers.
- Maintains and promotes professional and courteous client relations by managing a prompt and accurate response to telephone and email communications.
- Remains informed of all airline rules and regulations and current affairs. Communicates information to clients accurately and appropriately.
- Achieves individual and contractual service level goals related to telephone, quality, and productivity.
- Maintains client profiles, ensuring specials requests and reward program information such as frequent flyer / driver / hotel stay are included.
- Monitors, sorts and works global distribution systems (GDS) queues daily to maintain quality control.
- Ensures optimum customer service through effective use of phone systems and positive telephone service techniques.
- Knows and properly uses: airline terminology, codes, fare basis, airline rules and tariffs, resource guides, books, and industry contacts.
- Assume Lead Consultant role when required.
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others
- Must be able to work under the stress of and meet deadlines
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately while meeting applicable productivity measures
- Must be able to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested.
- Professional telephone skills
- Ability to work independently, exercising discretion and judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Capability of maintaining a favorable company image when interfacing with outside sources
- Ability to maintain work volume and quality consistent with peers
- Proven pursuit of learning and self-development
- Ability to manage responsibilities in a manner to result in lower costs and better efficiencies for the company
- Ability to demonstrate personal and organizational integrity
- Competency to maintain positive client and co-worker relationships--Establishing, developing, and maintaining trust and loyalty over time and through changes
- Capability of working in a team environment supporting management and staff, following policies, providing feedback, assisting in special projects, and taking on additional responsibility
- Effective oral and written communications
- Organizational skills that result in high productivity
- Minimum of four (4) years active Travel Consultant experience in the past 6 years.
- Strong domestic knowledge and basic international knowledge.
- Above average productivity level (subject to management assessment for off-the-phone projects).
- Achieve established office goals for measurable accuracy.
- Demonstrated professional customer service skills.
- Proficiency on Apollo GDS.
- Demonstrated internet research skills for customer information.
- Ability to work nights and weekends when needed or scheduled.
Statement to Third Party Agencies:
BCD Travel only accepts resumes from agencies on the BCD Travel preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, BCD Travel employees, or any BCD Travel office. BCD Travel is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes. Violation of this statement with preferred vendors may result in termination of any active service agreements.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Website : http://www.bcdtravel.com
BCD Travel was founded on Jan. 3, 2006, when BCD Group announced its decision to purchase TQ3 Travel Solutions Management Holding GmbH and a majority interest in The Travel Company. These two companies were combined with WorldTravel BTI under one ownership to form BCD Travel. The company formally began trading under its new brand on March 31, 2006.BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. For travelers, this means keeping them safe and productive, and equipping them to make good choices on the road. For travel and procurement managers, it means advising them on how to grow the value of their travel program. For executives, we ensure that the travel program supports company objectives. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 110 countries with more than 12,000 creative, committed and experienced people. And it’s how we maintain an industry-leading client-retention rate of more than 97%, with 2015 sales of US$23.8 billion.BCD Group is a market leader in the travel industry. The privately owned company was founded in 1975 by John Fentener van Vlissingen and consists of BCD Travel (global corporate travel management), Travix (online travel: CheapTickets, Vliegwinkel, BudgetAir, Flugladen and Vayama), Park ‘N Fly (off-airport parking), Parkmobile International (mobile parking and traffic applications) and joint venture AERTrade International (consolidating and fulfillment). BCD Group employs over 12,500 people and operates in 110 countries with total sales of US$25.6 billion, including US$10 billion in partner sales. For more information