The Global Travel Manager will lead in the development, implementation, and execution of travel-related (air, hotel, ground transportation etc.) supplier management strategies to optimize the companys travel program cost, quality and service levels. This position will also manage existing travel-related programs, policies and procedures, supplier negotiations/relations, and provide travel reporting and analysis. The individual will lead key travel initiatives to support the ongoing transformation and continuous improvement by conducting reviews of travel program including processes and travel management system/software.
• Leads the operational and management activities of the travel department and serves as the SME for all travel-related activities.
• Leadership role in assessing travel processes, tools, and policies to strengthen the Travel Program and enhance the travel experience.
• Serves as project manager for travel management initiatives and rollouts. Coordinates cross-functionally to collect data, obtain feedback and drive project timelines. Leads development of deliverables.
• Manage selection, implementation and termination of travel supplier relationships (agency, online booking tool, air, car, and hotel).
• Oversight of the travel management company(ies) including all operational issues, SLAs, management reporting systems and adherence to policy.
• Evaluate, recommend and implement new technology to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the travel process. Benchmark other firms.
• Leverages peer and industry best practices and benchmarks to measure internal performance and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
• Primary contact for the internal travel user community in fielding general travel related questions, education/guidance on travel policy and procedures, investigate and resolve concerns and problems with travel services providers.
• Monitor travel related policy compliance and recommend strategies to improve compliance.
• Benchmark, analyze, monitor and report on travel expenditures.
Workday, Concur, and AMEX experience is a must!
Able to hit the ground running with very minimal training.
Global corporate travel management experience (30 countries)
GDH Consulting is a specialized consulting and resource firm focused on providing qualified professionals within the Information Technology, Telecommunication, and Consulting industries to commercial and government sectors.