the Texas Rangers
This is a position in the Rangers Events, Tours & Experiences department. All positions in this department are focused on providing a first-class ballpark experience, and world-class customer service. The Tours & Experiences department was created to make Globe Life Park available to baseball fans “365 days each year.”
2-8 hour shifts
Tour Guides are responsible for the operation and activities required to run, maintain, and service the Rangers Events Tours & Experiences department by performing the essential duties personally and through supervisors.
• Interact with and guide visitors through walking tours of Globe Life Park in Arlington.
• Assist with preparation and execution of birthday parties, special events and tours, both on game days and non-game days.
• Must memorize tour script and be able to share facts about the ballpark, the Texas Rangers and MLB history (as provided by Tours department) in an educational and entertaining manner.
• Learn which tours are available on a day to day basis.
• Ensure safety of all visitors.
• Maintain a professional image and pleasant demeanor at all times.
• Welcome each guest and serve them throughout their visit.
• Work with fellow team members to keep tour route monitored in an effective way.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Can manage people and resources to get projects completed; has strong ability to multi-task and keep order.
• Detail oriented.
• Displays strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively and comfortably with a diverse range of patrons from all backgrounds.
• Can be trusted to act in a manner that is truthful and values direct, honest communication at all levels of the organization.
• Strong interpersonal, customer service and public speaking skills.
• Knowledgeable of the Texas Rangers and Major League Baseball history.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Must have internet access and computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude while handling difficult situations is essential.
• Responds quickly and effectively to changing trends and circumstances; embraces change and welcomes fresh perspectives; learns from past mistakes and adjusts accordingly.
• Ability to work nontraditional and extended hours due to business requirements including late nights, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to continuously stand and walk for up to 8 hours throughout the ballpark, including but not limited to, stairs and ramps.
• Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions to include extreme heat, cold and rain.
• Ability to lift and or move up to 30 pounds, use hands to handle, reach with hands and arms.
the Texas Rangers
Website : http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/
Welcome to the official site of Major League Baseball! MLB.com is committed to connecting you, our fans, to the source of Baseball. We want to bring you the most up-to-date, informative, and exciting Baseball information on the Web.