International Travel Counselor
International Travel Counselor
Your mission as a **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. (CWT) International Travel Counselor is to **“Deliver the Perfect Trip”** so that CWT can sustain optimum results for clients and shareholders. You are specifically responsible for delighting the traveler/travel arranger, building commercial value, and strengthening the CWT brand in a way that balances the requirements of all stakeholders and positions our workforce as a key differentiator for our business.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. (CWT) is a global leader specializing in **business travel management **and our travel counselors know that teamwork and great results have no boundary. We are proud to have been named the most admired Travel Management Company- and we are even more proud that we achieved it together.
Learn about our travel counselor opportunities and start your journey today.
- You** delight the traveler**/travel arranger
- Listen and lead the conversation to solve problems in a timely manner with all types of customers in all circumstances
- Create domestic and international travel arrangements for clients to include air, hotel, and ground transportation.
- International travel arrangements should comprise 50% of totalbookings
- Build credibility and loyalty to CWT by ensuring consistency of service delivery (even if the person is unknown) around the globe in a way that compliments the unique travel policy of each client with interaction to make each traveler feel special
- Be a trusted advisor by offering informed and insightful recommendations which provide the very best traveler experience in each situation
- You build CWT’s commercial value
- Sell products that are of commercial value to CWT and contribute to CWT’s profitability
- Operates with discretion forclients and the travel arrangers
- Follow company procedures, guidelines and standards
- Remain current on value we provide to each customer
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious workingclimate
- Adapt and change as requirements of the business change
- Embrace new technology and ways of working that promote flexibility to adjust quickly to shifting needs of the business
- You represent and strengthen the CWT brand in how you work on a day- to-day basis
- Minimum **High School diploma** or equivalent- - 3-5 years’ experience in the **travel industry** in a similar position or in a customer service center required- - Proficient in **Sabre GDS**:
- Proven ability to create travel arrangements including air, hotel and ground transportation (including transactions that are multi- segment/multi-destination)- - Understanding of **international travel** as well as requirements (e.g. visas, passports and immunization requirements) as to comfortably advise clients of those requirements- - Superior written and verbal **communication skills** (in person and on phone)- - Very **customer focused** and service oriented- - Ability to handle multi-cultural sometimes multi-lingual clientele- - Diplomatic problem solver and **results-driven**:
- Adaptable and motivated to learn- - Proficiency in technology to research options and to complete process requirements-Knowledge of the Microsoft Excel, Avaya phone system, Moxie, and Power Express aplus
Americorps/PeaceCorps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Primary Location: US-MO-Saint Louis
Work from home: Yes
Employment type: Standard
Job Family: Travel Counselor
Shift: Day Job
Organization: Traveler Services
Experience Level: 3 to 5 years
Job Posting: Aug 7, 2018
As an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other federal, state or local protected class