L3 Vertex Aerospace
Performs a variety of travel coordination and clerical duties to include typing, filing, and operating office machines. Duties will include generating travel arrangements, obtaining authorizations, coordinating arrangements with corporate travel and travelers, general personnel/clerical tasks in such areas as employee records, employment, compensation, handling mail and other correspondence, uniform orders and payroll adjustments. Completes special projects as assigned. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team is required. Must have strong organizational skills and be self-motivated to meet customer requirements. Will use custom software to process travel and other payments.
· Plans itinerary and schedules travel accommodations for personnel.
· Verifies travel order to insure authorization.
· Notifies personnel of travel dates, baggage limits, and medical/visa requirements.
· Submits for and tracks travel advances.
· Assist personnel in completing travel forms and other business transactions pertaining to travel.
· Audit all Travel and Base Fund expense reports for accuracy and supporting documentation required.
· Assist in maintaining detailed account of outstanding travel advances.
· Support the HR with new hire orientation process for hires to include collecting payroll forms, completing I-9 verifications, and creating personnel folder.
· Maintain HR records of NASA Armstrong staff and file paper as well as electronic copies of supporting documentation.
· Initiate visit requests and schedule conference rooms.
· Able to work any assigned shift or schedule, including mission support outside normal duty hours.
· Work with little instruction, except review of accomplishments and conformance to policy.
· Receives, opens and distributes mail and electronic correspondence daily.
· Processes timekeeping corrections and specialty pay submissions.
· Files materials into an established filing system, obtains information as needed.
· Records data onto records, logs, forms or claims; maintains and processes these documents as necessary.
· Assists coworkers and those in other departments to successfully perform job tasks and functions when necessary.
· Follows all safety procedures and practices as established by the company and regulatory bodies.
· Prepare and submit monthly reports.
· Inventory and order office supplies as required.
· Maintains the highest ethical personal and professional standards.
· Performs other duties, projects and initiatives as assigned.
High School Diploma or Equivalent with 1 year experience as travel coordinator and administrative support. Associate Degree preferred.
• Must be familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong file management, organizational and communication skills required.
· Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with vendors and fellow employees.
• Ability to work within a group dynamic with focus on customer service
· Must be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a public trust position (if required for the position).
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance (if required for the position).
· Must be able to work weekends, other shifts and overtime as required.
· The essential physical requirements of the position will be reviewed with the applicant during the interview.
· Some travel will be required.
· Must adhere to Company policies/procedures and management instruction.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and Company Proprietary data.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand or reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: Public Trust
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division - Vertex-20000074
: Entry Level
: Mar 1, 2018, 6:18:52 PM
: Human Resources-Multiple Functions
L3 Vertex Aerospace