Travel Coordinator / Travel Agent
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
$41,365 to $65,778 Annually
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Position Title: Department of the Navy Federal Travel Coordinator/Travel Agent
Salary: $41,365 - $65,778 (GS- 0503 7/8/9)
Work Schedule: Full-time
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
You will serve as a Travel Coordinator/Travel Agent for a Federal agency in Virginia Beach, VA. The purpose of this position is to arrange temporary duty assignments and reserve airline tickets, hotels and rental cars for military and civilian personnel.
· Responsible for writing travel orders (DD form1610), including no-cost, civilian permanent change of duty station, order modifications, amendments and Invitational Travel Authorizations (ITA) using a government order writing system.
· Reviews travel requests and change orders submitted by travelers to ensure compliance with Joint Travel Regulations (JTR), Financial Management Regulations (FMR), and command policies.
· Serve as a point of contact for the execution of cradle-to-grave travel support.
· Ensures appropriate department funding codes, availability of funds and proper signatures authority is on all travel requests.
· Books, issues and exchanges complex international and domestic itineraries and other pertinent travel documents.
· Reviews travel expense reports and vouchers (DD 1351) for completeness and accuracy and forwards for final review and payment.
· Must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-07 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector booking, issuing and exchanging international and domestic tickets utilizing a Central Reservation Systems (CRS) or Global Distribution System (GDS) (e.g. Gaileo, Sabre, Worldspan, Apollo, and Amadeus).
· Knowledge of transportation systems, travel arrangements, financial regulations and policies, and associated logistical concerns related to passengers travel to identify, plan, and resolve complex, time-sensitive transportation issues and problems.
· Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply the JTR, FMR, Defense Transportation Management Office (DTMO), U.S. Government Truck and Car Programs, the Fly America Act, and command regulations to meet command mission requirements.
· Communicate effectively, both oral and written, to establish and maintain effective relationships with and gain the cooperation of team members, supervisors, and managers in situations involving complex or controversial issues.
· Knowledge of and ability to apply fact-finding, investigative, and evaluation techniques to issue related to execution and resourcing of travel requirements.
· Must be available for flexible work scheduling nights and weekends with appropriate compensation.
Conditions of Employment:
· Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
· New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit ****· You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final TOP SECRET/SCI clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
· May be required to travel 5% domestically and internationally.
· This position is a Testing Designated Position, and will be subject to random drug testing.
· The employee works in an office setting. Normal safety precautions are adequate.
· The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and genetic information, and age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Virginia Beach, Virginia